Thursday, July 23, 2009

Golden Gophers Hockey Team gets New Assistant Coach


Its no secret that I love to see former Gophers players go on to do great things in their respective sports, but what I love more than anything is when former Gophers players return to coach current Gophers players... as is the case with new Golden Gophers Assistant Hockey Coach Grant Potulny.

As a player Grant Potulny helped take the Gophers to back-to-back national championships. This spring Grant was hired to be the volunteer assistant coach, but earlier this week Gophers head coach Don Lucia decided to make Grant a full member of his coaching staff, a great move in my book. While I think Coach Lucia has a great deal of experience, I think as he ages he is having a harder time relating to his players. Grant Potulny is young and has been where the Gophers players are much more recently... he is the perfect bridge between the older coaching staff and the new Gophers players.

This season is sure to be a great one for Gopher Hockey, and I for one can not wait to buy my Golden Gopher Hockey Tickets. Welcome Home Coach Potulny!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

And wasn't little Lucia named captain for the year?

gophernation said...

yep! along with ryan flynn. the two should do a great job!

What would you like to see more of on this blog?