Friday, March 13, 2009

Gopher Hockey Playoff Details

After losing last Friday night to Michigan Tech, Gopher Gal was certain that the Gopher hockey team was doomed for home ice in the first round of the playoffs, but the college hockey gods were merciful and BOTH St Cloud State and UMD lost Friday night as well, giving the Gophers one FINAL chance to advance. Thankfully, the Gophers beat Michigan Tech 2-0 on Saturday night (the Gophs always do better on Saturday night – always! I wish games would only be played on Saturday nights – LOL!). The win gave the Gophers home ice this weekend against St Cloud State.

It will be a best of three series at Mariucci Arena starting tonight – let’s hope the Gophers take care of business early. A berth in the WCHA Final Five is at stake.

Since I have NO money – I will be watching on TV this weekend, FSN on Friday and Sunday and FSN Plus on Saturday – I hope I can find that channel on the remote. I read that Comcast will be carrying it, but I don’t know the channel number!


**GIRLS HOCKEY THIS WEEKEND AS WELL**
The Gopher girls hockey team does not get enough media coverage. They are amazing and I hardly ever hear about them! The girls play this weekend at Ridder Arena in NCAA quarterfinals. I hope they win!

1 comment:

h*dizzle said...

dude the girls hockey team is going to the frozen four!

What would you like to see more of on this blog?