Thursday, October 30, 2008

Upcoming Gopher Games – BIG WEEKEND

While I was blabbering on about my Gophers Blog purpose yesterday, I forgot to mention there are huge Gopher games going on this weekend! #1 HOMECOMING – I love homecoming, what girl doesn’t. Memories of fun football games and fancy dresses, dreams of a tiaras and your name being called out as queen – ok, back to reality. The Gophers are playing Northwestern at the Dome on Saturday at 11am …. I looked over on Gopher Football Tickets (once they published one of my articles, I gotta give them props) and they have Gopher tickets for like $80 each – wow, that’s a little out of my range. I will probably just join some buddies at the tavern and watch the game in my favorite bright yellow "Let your Gopher Out" t-shirt.

Gopher Hockey is also in town this weekend, playing Friday night at Mariucci Arena against in state rival Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks (that has got to be the longest college name ever) and then the Gophers hockey team partakes in the WCHA Minnesota College Hockey Showcase event at the Xcel Energy Center on Saturday night. I may try to make it over to St Paul Saturday. Anyway, keep the Gopher gear handy, you will need it this weekend!

Goooo Gophers!

3 comments:

h*dizzle said...

ohh you have let your gopher out tshirt?! i wanted one of those sooo badly but the athletics dept is out of those!sad!

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

IIIIIII waannnnt a tiiiiiara! Just kidding. Still excited for Homecoming weekend, though!

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

Ah whether they win or not, I love homecoming weekend :)

What would you like to see more of on this blog?