Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blake Wheeler heads to the NHL

Blake Wheeler will not be wearing the number 17 Gopher hockey jersey next year. The Minnesota junior will most likely pursue a career in the NHL with the Phoenix Coyotes. Wheeler is the 10th Minnesota player to leave college early for the NHL since the end of the 2005 2006 season. “Blake is an outstanding student, person and hockey player,” Minnesota head coach Don Lucia said. “He was a leader on our team both on and off the ice and we will certainly miss Blake’s contribution to the program.”


Blake Wheeler was my favorite Gopher hockey player. I guess I will have to pick a new boy to cheer for next year. Who should it be? I guess I still kind of have a crush on good old Alex Kangas. I always did have a thing for goalies. They may not skate fast, but they always have good moves. If I don't take Kangas as my new favorite player, who will I pick? I guess I do like that kid from Apple Valley Mike Carmen or number 19 is my lucky number maybe I should pick Evan Kauffman. I don’t know, Kauffman doesn't have as much excitement in his skates as Mr. Wheeler. I think the Phoenix Coyotes have another Gopher on their team, maybe I should just trade in my Minnesota Wild jersey for Phoenix Coyotes jersey - ha ha.

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?