Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gophers Spring Practice Under the Clear Blue Sky

We have finally had some nice Minnesota weather and it is about time! It’s the middle of April for crying out loud. The snow and the cold are turning Gopher Gal into a bitter woman! But, yesterday it was 65 in my neighborhood and although it was a bit breezy, it actually felt like spring. The Gopher football team even practiced outside! They have had to practice the past 8 sessions indoors thanks to Mother Nature. Last year, I think those Gopher boys practiced outdoors their first week of spring workouts.

I am sure getting outside put some fire in their souls and some thoughts to the future of playing every game outdoors at TCF Bank Stadium. I am very excited to open the new Gopher Football stadium, but part of me will be sadly sentimental at saying good-bye to the Dome – nah, who am I kidding? Bring on the new digs!

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?